An experienced, accomplished Senior IT Professional, with exemplary operational, problem solving and project management skills
Summary of Qualifications
· An MCSE with over 20 years of IT experience; specializing in systems and network management, administration and support.
· Detail-oriented multi-tasker, with strong organizational abilities.
· A committed team player, with a proven ability to meet and exceed set goals and deadlines.
· Exceptional focus and follow through abilities, with a track record of efficiency and productivity.
· Diverse professional development, including software development, system administration, hardware/application implementation and installation, as well as technical support functions.
· Strategic thinker and planner, skilled in the design and execution of effective IT systems, projects and solutions.
GroupA, San Fransisco- San Jose, CA
· Remote Office IT support: Fix laptops, printers, Monitors, Software configurations
Codexis, Redwood City, CA
· Built and administered the entire world wide network (5 offices) for Codexis Inc.
· Duties as Network Engineer include Firewall, Switch and Router configuration and maintenance as well as local and worldwide VPN configuration.
· Installed and administered Codexis’ enterprise level applications such as Exchange, IIS, Citrix, Legato, MS SQL server, AbsoluteBUSY and Great Plains.
· Systems Admin Duties included: Active Directory, Email account, Backup and recovery, anit-virus and VPN account management.
· Data center Duties included SAN configuration, backup systems design and management and data automation script development and maintenance.
· Responsible for design and implementation of the Codexis Network and server infrastructure including Project management, vendor selection and product compliance review.
Kelly It Resources, San Jose, CA
· Responsible for maintaining desktop and laptop systems of the MIS customers at multiple locations.
· Duties included system installation and configuration, application/e-mail configuration, network connectivity and pager support for all supported daily activities.
· Daily support activities included: Windows update and patching, MS Office patching, e-mail setup, network setup, in-office system repairs and Vendor repair coordination.
· Monitoring of trouble ticket queue, and local phone support.
· As senior Lab Technician performed system hardware and software maintenance, ghosting operations and inventory tracking.
MSC Software Corporation, Redwood City, CA
· Responsible for all aspects of office systems design and administration generated corporate savings of over $100,000, by running IT department internally, rather than outsourcing
· Handled all aspects of office data center setup, administration, and management; running Windows 2000 Active Directory Domain with Exchange, IIS and VSS.
· Served as Build Master for client application; wrote and maintained InstallShield script and performed official compile of client through Visual C++.
Compaq Computer Corporation
· Provided system administration and network integration for multi-platform network, including TRU64 UNIX, Linux, Solaris, and Windows NT/2000. Duties included Software/script (PERL,BASH & KSH) development and maintenance.
Litton Computer Service, San Jose, CA
· Developed and implemented software fixes to Mission Control Complex (MCC) satellite Command and Control software and TSO/ISPF user tools Library.
Unisys Corporation, Sunnyvale, CA
Software Integration Specialist
· Developed test and training plans for MCC standard operating procedures.
United States Air Force
Officer (O1 – O3)
· Performed multiple duties, encompassing AWACS software testing and development, and system administration.
US Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, CO
BS, Computer Science, 1979
UNIX System Management, UC Santa Cruz,
UNIX Programming, UC Santa Cruz,
Professional Sequence award, Object Oriented Programming, UC Santa Cruz,
Applications: MS Access, Legato Networker, Veritas Backup Exec, Citrix, Exchange , SharePoint, MySQL
Software Development: Visual Studio
Languages: Visual Basic, C, C++, Jovial, Cobol, Java, Algol, Assembler, Fortran
Operating Systems: All MS Platforms, Linux, Unix (Tru64, Solaris, HPUX), ESX
Tools: Clists, REXX, ISPF/TSO,PERL, AWK, Sh, Ksh, BASH, Csh, Desire Lists, SQL